The last few days I have been reading The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha. It is a fun read that makes you smile! The book got me thinkin' about those little life moments that make you smile and think 'awesome'...Here are a few of mine.
- Nature in your own yard: I love seeing the local birds pick up a snack in our bird feeders (I get giddy even!) and hear the bumble bees doing their thing with the flowers from a safe distance.
- The smell of Mar: I can sniff Mar's ears all day long like a crazy cat lady! He has a distinct musky sweet smell that is his own personal prrrrfume!
- Finding new vegan stuff: From accidental vegan finds like jumbo peanut butter bars to finding vegan body care products on the shelves of a big box store...I love finding vegan things!
- Good mail: I have been into getting mail since I was a kid! It is so exciting - the thrill of it all! I love mail when I get something good, from a zine that someone wants to trade to a letter from a friend, good mail rocks!
- Vegan meals from non vegans that care about you: I think we have all been over to a house for a meal and discover that there is nothing for us to eat. So we sit and sip our water until people finish eating. Then there is those times when people actually bust out something special for you that you can eat and it gives you a warm tingly feeling because you are actually thought of!