Monday, May 24, 2010
Pet Cancer Awareness Month is still happening. You can still donate to help reach the goal. I am wearing my blue bracelet all month long!
When Mar was diagnosed with cancer we were totally shocked. It started off as a sore on his tail that was not healing. We took him in and Mar's vet decided to do a biopsy, when that came back positive we had Mar checked out and thankfully the cancer was contained in his tail. We had his tail amputated and had Mar home that day. Almost a year later Mar is doing fine and we are very thankful that we have our panda-cat with us when others are not so lucky. Every day we are thankful for more time with Mar.
Please keep the signs in mind when you see something wrong with your companion animal, educate yourself and others :
Early Pet Cancer Warning Signs, As Identified By The Veterinary Cancer Society.
1. Persistent, abnormal swelling
2. Sores that do not heal
3. Loss of weight
4. Loss of appetite
5. Bleeding or discharge from any body opening
6. Offensive odor
7. Difficulty eating or swallowing
8. Hesitation to exercise or loss of stamina
9. Persistent lameness or stiffness
10. Difficulty breathing, urinating or defecating